7.22.2013

Naked and Afraid

Oooooh. Got ya on the title, didn't I!?

It's actually a reality TV series on Discovery Channel. VERY INTERESTING I'D SAY.



This picture is actually from the first episode that I watched. 1 man, 1 woman, totally exposed to each other to see if they can survive on a remote island for 21 days with basically NOTHING.

I found the show to be really interesting. I mean, there could be more going on behind the scenes that the camera doesn't show, but what is actually aired on TV is so crazy! The pair don't even seem to be bothered by the idea that they are completely naked in front of each other. The man above ended up getting a sun burn so bad that his skin was nearly purple ALL OVER. He even made the reference that the area where the sun has never been before was so red and swollen it was unbearable for him to walk. Hehehehhehe. I shouldn't be laughing. That's not nice. Gotta love being a woman in that aspect.

What I ended up observing was that I actually was looking past the idea that they were completely naked. I was actually was more interested in the survival aspect of the show (Except the idea of all that sand in your hoo-ha. NO thank you!) These people had NOTHING more than 1 item they chose to bring from home to help with the adventure. Everything else, including food and water, had to be found on their own. Because of this, both the man and woman ending up losing 14+ pounds in just 21 days because of the lack of food and water they were able to come up with. CRAZY!

Well, onto another subject.

I'm going to go to the gym EVERY DAY this week. This is my goal. I've been kind of half assing that part. 2 days a week isn't going to show any progress. Yeah, it might keep me in line, but it wont help me lose the poundage! Plus, I gotta catch up on the number of days worked out this month for insurance. I love getting that $20 credit to my bank account. A special little present for me to say congrats :)

What I wish I was more comfortable with would be being able to lift free weights on my own. I'm so intimidated by those beef builders and young guys that can do upside down sit ups on the high bar. Ugh...wish I could just hang from the bar. lol.

It would be so nice if there was an area for women to lift free weights without the intimidation of men. My old gym had that. At least to get you comfortable with what you're doing so you don't look like a fool. I just don't want to look ridiculous lifting, maybe not doing proper form, not lifting "enough", or looking like a wimp. I know I shouldn't worry about what others think and be in this for myself, but I just get nervous. Anyway of getting over this? I just want to be able to do them and not the resistance machines. I feel more accomplished with the free weights.


No comments:

Post a Comment