4.29.2013

It's a Sunshine Day

"I think I'll go for a walk outside, now, the summer sun is calling my name!"

Know the artist? Probably not, because I'm weird like that and remember lyrics to The Brady Bunch Movie (I bought the soundtrack.... nerd alert). But hey! It was when I was in middle school back when CD's just came out! Come on, man!

But that's truly how I feel today. The sun is shining, it's a beautiful 54 degrees today, and it's not even noon. Not as great as the weekend, but I can't complain!



My Mom and her friend Mark came to town for the Iron Man Bike Race that went throughout the St. Croix Valley area. This was a first for my mom and I, just as spectators! Don't think we did this crazy deal! Mark was bound to do the 100 mile, but settled for just over 70. It was quite windy so that made it tough.

My Mom and Mark
 
Totally random, we had 3 rabbits in the yard today. B's mom absolutely hates them since they kill all of her plants. They run around here in herds.
 

I'm excited to go to my Sculpt & Strength class tonight. I've missed it the last few weeks due to other obligations, so my arms are ready to get a good whipping. I'm also thinking of redoing week 3 of the C25K program. It took me a while to finish that week, and I wasn't completely comfortable running the whole 3 minutes at a time, so I think another week would be good for me. Week 4 looks scary!

I was really good last week on the food that I ate. I only lost 1 pound, BUT i did lose 5 pounds of bloat from eating well and working out even though it's "that time of the month." So that was a great sight to see on the scale!

All in all, it was a nice weekend. Great weather, great to see Mom, and a great fitness victory. Now onto the new week. Hopefully it goes as well as the last to keep me motivated!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment