4.23.2013

Winter in April

Well...it snowed again...and it's April 23rd.  Gotta love living in Minnesota!

Our backyard this morning at 5:30am
 
 
Yes, it's very pretty, but at the same time it's not very fun waking up at 3:30am finding out that the power has been out since midnight and it was still out when I woke up to get ready for work at 5:00am. Luckily my hair wasn't too much of a mess that I could throw it up in a ponytail and make it work!
 
 
I talked with B the other night about creating a list of things that we want to accomplish before we turn 30 (in 3 1/2 years). I saw on another gal's blog from MN that she has a 30 to 30 list of things to accomplish, and I thought it would be fun! B thought it was kind of crazy to list 30 minuscule goals and focus on the top 10 things you'd like to accomplish. I argued the whole meaning behind it, accomplish small goals helps makes a person feel better and more willing to achieve more, but he wasn't buying it. So I settled with a top 10 PLUS 5 goals that we have for each other. So far, I have the following:
 
  1. Lose 50 pounds
  2. Wear a bikini in public
  3. Travel to a new state outside of the Midwest
  4. Run a 5K
  5. Be debt free (minus a future mortgage)
  6. Be comfortable with my income/job
 
These are obviously after the obvious 2: buying our first home and getting married; and the possible 3rd: being pregnant/have our first child. Wow... I think that was the first time I'd ever typed that. I felt a rush of excitement! But we've got a ways to go for that one.
 
 
I don't have any goals yet for B. He's going to be tough. I have to be practical for him, but also give him something that will push his limits just a little. He's very comfortable with his life right now and how he does things. I just think if he opens his mind to new ideas, he'll really enjoy it.
 
I basically brought this up to him because I thought it would be fun for our relationship to find out where each other would like to be in a few years. We rarely talk about the future in that kind of way, so it will definitely open up any held back feelings of where we want to be. I'm excited!
 
 
Well that's it for now. Hang in there, Minnesota. We're expecting 70's this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment