4.25.2013

One Reason Why Weightloss Sucks

FOOD

I'm really trying hard to hunker down and watch what I eat because I know that's my biggest struggle. For breakfast, I normally eat 2 over-hard eggs and a piece of fruit. Well...I open up the fridge this morning and this is what I see:
Now I know some of this picture is dark, but let me tell ya...it's a nightmare. All I saw when I looked at it this morning was carbs...calories...fattening things. The top shelf alone! Leftover gravy from mashed potatoes, cheese ravioli with red sauce, sausage crumbles, heavy whipping cream. AHHHH!!!!

Don't get me wrong, B's mom's food is wonderful, but definitely not healthy in any way possible. She always has lettuce in the veggie drawer for salads, but a salad to me never sounds good unless you have all the toppings in front of you to build it. Shredded carrots and red cabbage, a little cheese (blue cheese is my fav right now), CHICKEN...gotta have chicken on my salads or I wont be interested what so ever for a main meal. A side salad...ok that's fine, but not the main course. NONE of that is here in the fridge. Then salad dressings, it's ALL the fat and calorie loaded regular ones. Of course tasty, but not so much good for my inner tube around my waist.

I've tried purchasing my own food to help myself stay on track, but that's nearly impossible to do in this household. My food either gets shoved to the back, or there isn't any room so it goes in the basement's fridge, to then get forgotten about. It's just a waste of money for me to do my own groceries. This is another reason why I can't wait to be on my own. Whatever food I buy, will be things I want to eat healthy with, not the crap. No temptations. If B really wants that box of Little Debbies, he's gotta buy them for himself and keep them in the truck or at work.

I really don't want to blame anyone about why I can't lose weight, because I'm in control of my own body. But it sure doesn't help when things like this are around me all the time. (Did I mention that the counter had 2 pans of bars and leftover cupcakes from an event earlier this week...HELL...) B's mom is always so interested in losing weight herself, but she cooks for her husband and B, the 2 people in the house who could give a rat's ass about weight loss, so she cooks the comfort food for them, thus the rest of us ladies get fat.

Story of my life...


No comments:

Post a Comment