6.27.2013

Hello Summer Tan

Finally! I have a tan. It's been many years since I've had a great looking tan all over. What's even better? I haven't started to peel...yet. Normally my nose starts peeling immediately, but I must be using the right stuff for moisturizer that nothing has happened yet! I'm so happy!

Well, I've been gone on vacation from the 15th through the 22nd up in Siren, WI.

IT WAS WONDERFUL.

The weather couldn't have been more perfect. The fishing was actually pretty decent this year. I got to swim/float in the lake for hours without getting cold.

The day we got there, we met a new friend, Wally.




 We think he was abandoned by his family, because there weren't any ducks near him the entire time we were at the lake. Poor little guy. We think he is a wood duck, but couldn't be quite sure. He seemed part penguin...yes penguin... because he had these huge feet that made him kind of waddle.

Since he was so tiny and young, I decided to take him in as his mother.

 
 
He wouldn't leave my side once I held onto him. Throughout the night, he would swim and then jump onto our feet. Peeping if he didn't see any feet to jump on. When it was starting to cool down, he wanted to be held and would just sit in my hands with his eyes closed as if he wanted to sleep. Unfortunately, B's dad wouldn't let me keep him in the cabin (womp womp, since I'm an adult and should be able to make my own decisions for Pete's sake) I decided to find a place for him on land. Well once I put him down and walked away to the bonfire, he just followed me like he'd be lost without me by my side. I felt so bad. I eventually put him further away from the cabins and he settled on swimming for a while.
 

 
 
He showed up every morning for 4 days at our dock just a peeping away and swimming. Unfortunately, he disappeared on the 4th day, later in the day. Poor little fella, I'm hoping he just found a new place to hang out at or a duck family to join. I'm being optimistic, unlike B. "Eagle's needed something for breakfast"...guhhhh....
 
Silly for me to say, I enjoyed Wally's appreciation of me. He had that "need" for me, like a mother. I guess I haven't had that feeling in a long time, or maybe ever. I'm not sure. It felt really good and I want to feel it again.
 
My first Pinterest project is almost finished. I finally found the final element on Amazon, so I just need to wait for it to arrive, and I'll be able to show it here on the blog! I'm so happy, because it's cool!
 
Weight loss....well...it's basically non existent. It's all in my head. I have all these goals set, but I just can't seem to stick to my plans. I think I just have so much negativity around me and no support. No one to help out. I should be able to do this on my own, but I can't. They always say weight loss is some odd ball % physical and a huge % mental. Of course, I struggle with the mental part.
 
I know the saying, " I'll start Monday" is so old and ridiculous, but I really think I need to set this goal for real this time. Come Monday, I will only have 1 month until Wefest, and a few weeks after that will be mine and B's 5 year anniversary. I want to look nice for pictures and for myself. I mean, wouldn't a nice LEANER me be a nice gift for B? I'd like to look great for him, for him to be proud of me and not continuously shaking his head when I grab for a 2nd cookie or when I'm hungry for a snack when we just ate a couple hours ago. It gets old, but I know he gets frustrated when I created my 10 before 30 goals and I don't stick to them. I'll get there. I just need to be mentally ready. I'm thinking that it actually feels like Summer now, hopefully the skinny bitches on the beach with their tiny bikinis will finally get my mind ready and jealous, so I'd lose a few pounds. LOL
 


No comments:

Post a Comment