6.10.2013

Oh Monday...

What a drag of a day to start off the week. It's cool, dreary, and wet. Just like the last couple of months around here. It sure doesn't feel like June. And in a week, we're off to Siren for a week of vacation with B's family. PRETTY sure there wont be any swimming in Clam Lake this year. Way too cold! The sun has only been out a couple days the last few months, so there hasn't been any chance of warming that lake water.

I'm so excited for vacation. I need it. I need to relax and find myself. But at the same time, this vacation is with the same people that I see from day to day...B's family. Nothing wrong with it because I love them all, but it would be nice to have a week vacation away from family with just B and I. We both know that they can all drive us up a wall once and a while.

B and I played cribbage this weekend to get me brushed up for vacation. Especially if it's crappy out, I'm sure we'll be playing quite a bit of this. What was awesome? I beat him both times! Best 2 out of 3, with 2 sets. He wasn't very happy since he's a very competitive person, but what can I say, maybe I'm a natural :)

B's grandma turned 90 this weekend and we had a party for her at the church she belongs to. Lots of people came, which I was glad for. She sure knows a lot of great people!

I finished a Pinterest project this weekend! Well, almost. I have it all laid out, it just needs a 2 part acrylic resin epoxy to seal it and create a flat surface. I'm pretty proud! Yes, it might look redneck, but I love anything patriotic to our country, AND of course...beer.

 
 
I need to kick my fitness into high tail starting today. I've just been so terrible at it. The eating. The working out. Nothing has been going well because I'm not sticking to it. Why can't I just have somebody kick me in the ass and get going already?
 
I follow a blog, Hang On Honey, and she talks about the little thing called moderation. She suffers just like me. I can't just have a moderate amount of chocolate, sweets, cheese, fattening shit. Nope...once I start, I over indulge and feel guilty about it afterwards. I think I may just have to go cold turkey and cut out the bad stuff for a while until I get myself on the right track. Then I can treat it as a treat for a job well done...in moderation. Here comes the rabbit food...

No comments:

Post a Comment