6.14.2013

Stars and Stripes Forever

Happy Flag Day!

Today we honor that our country in 1777 adopted the stars and stripes for the national flag! I'm so proud to be an American, and I love everything about patriotism.


I somewhat set a PR at the gym yesterday. I normally don't keep track, that's why it's not official, but I thought it was pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Sorry, no pic because I was too slow to grab my phone after I hit the stop button. Oops!

Here it is: 3 miles on the elliptical in 28:23. That's a 9:30 per mile! I couldn't believe it. Yes, it's on the elliptical, so it's a little easier than on a dreadmill or on the street. I do have to add that I had the resistance on level 5 and the course was set at random hills. I'm happy with myself! I pushed hard. What was funny is that afterwards, I felt hot, but I wasn't tired! I probably could have kept going if my yoga stretching class wasn't going to start soon. I'll have to strive for a further distance next time at that pace :)

Just one more day until vacation! Yay! Siren, WI here we come! Yeah, yeah. It's just 1 1/2 hours away, but it's a week vacation at a cabin, on a lake, hopefully with great weather, and time for relaxation and fun. We're hoping for decent fishing this year since the weather has been cooler, but at the same time that could be a bad thing (no spawning). Cross our fingers cuz mama could use a good fish fry!

Sorry I didn't post a Weigh in Wednesday. I didn't feel that this week would prove justice simply because of all the bloating and water retaining I've been feeling this last week, if you catch my drift. I normally gain anywhere between 3-7 pounds during this week. I know! It's bad! My water intake levels have gotten better, so hopefully that will help reduce the gain, but it's hard to tell.

Well. Just gotta make it through this last work day before vacay. I'm so ready for this get away I can barely stand it. Bring on the lake, beer, and sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment