6.06.2013

WLW #1: Let's Get this Thing Started!

So I made it to the gym last night after work. That was tough. The weather here has been so gloomy, wet, and rainy, that I had no motivation to get going and exercise. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and watch TV all night. Not so for me!

I ran on the elliptical for 45 minutes, which seemed forever the last 20 minutes or so. I wanted to do some strength conditioning, but I was exhausted. Hopefully tonight I can squeeze that in before yoga and STRETCH. I saw a woman running on the elliptical last night who had her feet hanging over the edge of the front of the pedal. Is there a benefit to that? Or is she just being her special own self?

I've noticed I'm very inflexible lately. Not sure if it's because I'm often dehydrated, just not stretching enough, or what. I'm hoping that I can get as nimble as I used to be and be able to do the splits again!

Now for Weight Loss Wednesday, I'm officially just starting...AGAIN. Hopefully I can stick with it again. My starting weight for this adventure is going to be (according to the gym's scale last night):

237

I've been fluctuating between 233 and 237 for quite some time now because I've been doing everything half assed. Eat really good all day, then wolf down a ton of sweets when I get home. Not workout for a week at a time. It just screws up all the hard work you had already put in. Why do I do it? I have no idea. Fear of commitment? Fear of never being able to eat those nummy treats again? Who the hell knows. I think once I actually hit a 10lb milestone, things should click. SHOULD.

B has been getting tiny. He just mentioned that he can now fit into a few of his large tshirts, which I figured was coming because his XL are getting big and frumpy. His pants are just terrible. He has no ass! So come fall, I'll have to buy him some cute ones to flatter his tiny butt :)

Feeling hungry today...ugh that makes a day tough to stay motivated to eat healthy. But I do have a yummy lunch today which I'll post here:

Easy Asian Salad



2 C. Romaine lettuce with carrots and red cabbage
1/8 C. mandarin oranges
1/2 Tbsp. sliced natural almonds
2 Tbsp. Marzetti poppy seed dressing

This salad is SOOOOOO good. Sweet and tangy and only 290 calories for all of it! Of course, there is no meat, but if you choose you could add chicken breast for some protein and make it even tastier! I can't take credit for it, but I'll give credit to my boss' wife :) Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment