3.01.2013

The Game Plan


Ok. I'm ready to go. The only problem??? This weekend. Of course something has to be going on to make the beginning of a lifestyle change problematic.

First off, I have to bowl tonight on league. Yes...when you're from a small town, like the one I live in, you belong on a league, or in my case 2. Go ahead. LAUGH. I get it all the time from friends. But it's fun! You get to be with friends, enjoy a classic sport, and drink....and that's the problem tonight.

Drinking is fun, but the damn nutritional value of a beer or cocktail. I drink Mich Golden Light and a standard bottle is 110 calories. I've been trying to drink rum and water then bring in my Mio or Crystal Light liquid water enhancers. They're pretty slick. If you've never had them they're awesome to carry in your purse or keep at your desk. One squirt and you're done. Making a drink like this is only about 70 calories for the rum and zero for the liquid mix. Only problem is some bars don't like this, but luckily my small town is fine with it and I can get by.

Then this weekend I get to see my sister and mom! I love when we all get to hang out together. We're actually going to the Minneapolis Home & Garden Show! I've always had a love of home renovation (even though I don't have my own house yet...sad sad day) and I'd love to get ideas for when the day comes to finally being a homeowner!

But there's always a price to pay when going out of town. Eating out. Ugh...I LOVE to eat, don't get me wrong, but it's so hard to watch what you're eating when you're at a restaurant and don't know what they're putting in your meal. I love salads, but I really can't justify spending $8-12 on a frickin' salad. REALLY? It costs less than $2 at home. I'll try to order a sandwich and skip the bun or something. Luckily I don't like condiments on things other than ranch or BBQ sauce, but I can get by without those too.

So wish me luck this weekend! I can't wait for the hot tub at the hotel. My muscles have been killing me lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment