3.13.2013

Art & Elixer


Hello! Sorry it's been a few days since I've last posted, but It's been very busy around here.

I've been bowling like a maniac. 3 games Friday, 3 games Saturday, 3 games Monday, and 3 games this next Friday. OOMPH. So glad that league season is almost over! I am happy to say that I got my first 500 series on Friday night with 2 games over 200. I was so excited!!! The league said that with that kind of score, for women plus my handicap, should place my name on the wall. YAY ME!!!

Last night my sister Jenny and I went to an instructed painting class by Art and Elixir at Joseph's Grill in downtown St. Paul. It was a great Groupon deal, just $30 for 2 to create their own painting to bring home and a night to socialize with beverage in hand.

 
 The future Bob Rosses...."Happy Trees!" Well, actually birds in this case.
 
 
Our fancy paint palettes..hehe
 
 
Deep in thought
 
 
The finished product of Love Birds!
 

 The talented sisters!

I would highly recommend going to one of these classes. It's really fun, easy (you don't have to have art skills because they teach you EVERYTHING!) As for me and Jen, we're just GOOD. :)

As for my diet...ugh...

It's been going sssssssllllllloooooooooowwwwwwwwwww. I was doing so good and all gun-ho about it, really watching what I was eating. Then the bittersweet weekend comes. It's Friday, you want to have fun with friends, have a few too many beers, then you get the drinking munchies. You can't pass up deep fried anything with cheese piled high, can you? I tried and I tried the best that I could. I didn't go all out like I used to and not give a crap in the world, but yes I had full bodied beer (Blue Moon), yes I had buffalo chicken wings with fries on the side, yes I had 2 hot dogs and a pop for $3 at frickin' Holiday Gas Station at 2:00am because that's what drunk people do. I'm not happy with myself, but I don't know how I can control it without feeling deprived. I've never liked being the one on the diet and it shows because everyone else orders whatever the hell I want while I order the turkey burger with no bun and sauce on the side. WHO THE HELL DOES THAT????

I guess I just have to accept that I am trying a new lifestyle and that's what's gotta change in my life and then not give a shit what other people are thinking. I wish I could tell B's mom to stop making the delicious, peanut butter filled, gravy covered, and cheese piled high foods, but I can't. There are other people living in the household that don't care what they eat, so they're going to continue eating that yummy stuff while I suffer trying to down my 7th salad for the week on a Friday.

I just hope that I can get over this hard stage of converting my food habits for good ones. It's so hard. But will that time come when I can completely pass up the chocolate chip cookies without even thinking about it? I HOPE SO!  When.... I hope pretty damn soon.

That's all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment