3.04.2014

Mini Goals

So today I've decided that I really need to set me some mini goals so that I can stay motivated throughout this weight loss/lifestyle change. As of lately, I've only had the big picture in mind, and it doesn't seem to be helping me because I get so discouraged! So I've decided to come up with goals to achieve before the first weekend that I call summer....Memorial Weekend!


Goal 1: Lose 20 pounds.
Now I know to some that doesn't seem like a lot in 3 months time, but it would be a huge achievement for me! I'm hoping to reach half of the weight loss by April 27th when I participate in the Ironman Bike Race (more info to come).


Goal 2: Ditch the old clothes.
I have SO MANY old clothes in my closet/drawers/tubs/bins/floor that I don't even know where to put. Easy solution? Get rid of it! I'm going to finally cut the cord on so much of my old clothes. Some I still have from early college years (that's almost 10 years ago!). New clothes always put me in a happier mood, so once I lose my mini goal of 20 pounds, shedding the old threads should be no problem.


Goal 3: Take care of my skin.
This is another one people might think would be odd, but to me, I need to shape up. I NEVER wash my face at night. Full of makeup...well the minimal stuff that I wear. I've just discovered the magical powers of coconut oil, so I'm going to see if it does the trick of making my skin more beautiful.


Goal 4: Start playing with my Silhouette Cameo and Photoshop.
I had to throw a fun one in there! I received this gem for Christmas from my wonderful grandma and I still have yet to use it! My main purpose was hopefully to get used to using it and designing things so that I can design mine and Brandon's wedding invitations on it for something neat. Also, I went in on the Photoshop program WAY BACK before Thanksgiving, and I still haven't put that on my computer. Another design element for our wedding I'd like to learn hopefully soon!

2 comments:

  1. Small goals are the way to go! I like to give myself a little reward (pedicure is a current favorite) for meeting my small goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh pedicures! I can't wait for flip flop season!

      Delete