9.03.2013

Blogtember: Sept. 3rd

How cool is this? I found this link up from Jen at Wonderfully Unkempt's website, and I thought it was a very neat idea to keep fresh ideas on your blog. Thanks, Jenni from Story of My Life for the great link up idea!
 
 
 
September 3rd: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.
 
Well, going off of my last name, Johnson, anyone can figure that I'm from a Scandinavian decent. Mostly Norwegian, with a bit of Swedish, German, English to name my largest portions. "Heinz 57" they always say. But I definitely can relate to my descents. Norwegian/Swedish: I'm tall and have blue/gray eyes. German: Dark hair and my love of beer. English? Now I'm not quite sure where I can find English heritage within myself, I just know it's in my blood.
 
I'm from a small town and live in a new small town, hence my blog name. I feel that the people around me in the small community have made me for who I am, and I appreciate that. I appreciate that people like to know what's going on in my life, even if they heard it from someone other than myself. That's OK. That's how a small town works. Yeah, it can bite you in the ass sometimes too when the news is on a bad note, but it all comes around full circle.
 
My mom has been my best friend through it all, and I've learned some great qualities from her. Being organized and independent are the traits I will forever will be grateful that she gave me. She also gave me the gift of thrifty shopping. "Never buy anything full price." I always think about that, whether it be a new sweater or a tube of toothpaste.
 
As for another money aspect, passed down from my Grandpa and Grandma Scott, I inherited money smarts. "Never buy anything that you can't afford right now." He was a cash man. He bought his cars, NEW, in cash. Now, that would probably never happen in my scenario, but I have never gotten into credit card debt, EVER.
 
My college, Concordia College in Moorhead, MN has shaped me into being a true, well rounded thinker. Thinking of how other's will see it: other cultures, men vs. women, age, etc. I see a lot of people these days that are so closed minded that it drives me insane. So thank you Concordia.
 
I could go on and on, but these are some great aspects of what makes me, me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment