2.26.2015

Lifestyle Change

I have finally come to conclusion that I desperately need to change my lifestyle in order for me to:
1. lose weight
2. be a happier person
3. to be more confident with my self and around others


B and I are hoping to set our wedding date next week with our venue, and if it all works out in our favor it's going to be 10/3/2015. That means that I have 7 months to get my ass in gear to look amazing and feel confident in my wedding dress. I had started this blog over a year ago in hopes of losing the weight long before the wedding. WELL...that definitely didn't happen.


Now that there is going to be a date in sight, that means there is a deadline. I've gotta do this or I'm going to hate those wedding pictures for the rest of my life. Yeah yeah... a wedding is more than just pictures and looking great in a white dress, I know that. But this is very important to me. I know people judge, whether you want to believe that or not, but they do. B has lost around 15 pounds since we've bought our house and he looks great! I want to look and feel that way too.


So now it's my turn.


My plan is to stick to the basics.
1. Drink LOTS of water, 1/2 of my body weight in ounces. I've been doing pretty good with this and I can already feel the benefits of drinking that much water.
2. Start working out 30-60 minutes per day, 5x a week. I need to wean myself into this. Hopefully once the nicer weather comes around in May, I'll be able to do more. I'm going to start out with at home DVD's and walking on the days that are above 20 degrees. Those days have been far and few lately, so hopefully it starts warming up!
3. Watching my calories and kind of sticking to a protein diet. I've gotta cut out the sugars, starches, and junk. I was successful once with a protein diet and it worked great. it keeps me full throughout the day, that's my biggest thing.


Tonight I'm going to get measurements and tomorrow morning I'm weighing myself. I'm going to make a big ol' fashion poster to hang in my closet of my progress so that I can physically see the numbers going down. For me this is all mental. It's gotta make sense and I've gotta be determined and intrigued to do well.


Now let's see if this is all going to work.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment